<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 12, 2009

yo yo...im at work now gettin ready to go home in an hour watching kill bill in the break room. Today I talked to my first airplanes! I started training today and it's nice to finally do things besides pass strips of paper around, got in 3 hours of training! Hours are important since the more hours you get, the quicker you get certified and the quicker you get pay raises. It was kind of scary at first to be hoenst because we had our pre trainign meeting with my lead trainer and my supervisor, and they said maybe we'd get to train tonight. I went into the control room and my trainer was sitting at the scope and said ok plug in, i plugged in and he just started giving me the pre position breifing (basically tell people what's going on in the sector before you switch people) and i was off and running. It was kind fo scary that he had that much faith in me, and he didnt even hover over me like some trainers do, he gave me my breifing and watched from another scope 10 feet away, i felt all by myself, it was scary but exciting! I experienced a few diff thigns today, aircraft with radios cuttign in adn out, readback errors, korean pilots, british pilots(who i love, they are so precise, tho i hear the asians are actually real good pilots, just bad speakers) and even had a few women pilots! I was honestly expecting to take a long time to check out because of getting little hours but im pleasantly surprised with how important they seem to take training so i hopefully i wont be poor for a while!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This counter provided for free from HTMLcounter.com!
HTMLCounter.com

[ Sign My Guestbook] [ View My Guestbook]