<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

yo yo...so im having a kind of internal struggle i need help with...i think i may want to adopt a dog. I'm still not ok with simbas death, i even was crying at work today looking at ads of dogs on petfinder, but i would really like to give a dog a good home, and have a companion and i think i have a lot of love i can give a dog. I don't think i could ever get another lab, at least a yellow lab. I do think they're wonderful, probably the most beautiful things god has ever created, but none should try to compare with simba.
I know apartment living isn't the best scenario for a dog, but i think the layout of my apt makes it slighlty better than it could be.



as you can see based on my schematic(and u can reference facebook pics) i have a small patio. Since im on the second floor i alwyas leave just the screen door closed, which is nice. So if i got a dog i can leave that door open if im not home and the dog can walk in and out. Also if i want to leave the dog out for short periods I have an area thats outside of my front door that i could put a little fence in.



this is my neighbors dog, cooper. If they are out for short periods they leave him like that sometimes. Or if they home they leave that fence up and leave front door open and he walks in and out. He's a good boy.

So that is part of my concern. Also, my complex is dog friendly, thats why i guess a lot of people here have dogs...there's even a dog park on our grounds! There is also the ocean beach dog park literally 1 block away(its a very big and popular dog park) AND Dog beach(one of only beaches in country for dogs) is a 5 min walk. But, my complex doesnt allow a few breeds...namely pit bulls, german shepherds, rotweillers, akitas and huskies. Now, i have a couple options. Since my complex isnt an expensive place or high end im thinking i probably shouldn't even bother saying anything if i DID get a dog since i didn't move in with one. You're supposed to pay a deposit and pay 35 dollars extra a month, but i could just play dumb, i cant honestly see them actually looking into something like that. Also, if i did get one of those breeds, especially german shepherd(theres a german shepherd rescure an hr north of here) im trying to find another obscure breed that looks similar that i could lie and say its actually one of those and use a technicality to get that approved, IF i told them first or they some how said something, which i cant see happening.
I just was at the san diego humane society, and it was such a beautiful place. It was a mini college campus, with places for bringing found animals, finding lost pets, a REALLY nice kennel/adoption place, nicest ive ever seen. There were also medical services, behavoir services, nutrition services, a store ,a doggie cafe, an agility training yard, all of that on the grounds. It really made me very happy that a place like this existed.
I was thinking today how what if bernie madoff had done wat he did, but turns out he did wonderful things with all of the money he stole? wat would the reaction be? then i thought about creating my own ponzie scheme and using the money to create really nice rescue centers all over.
I thnk some of the saddest things i read, that make me have emotions equal part sadness and anger is when i see people giving away dogs on craigslist. People that give up dogs for adoption make me very angry.
While i was inside looking and playing with dogs it was a whirlwind of emotions. One minute i was i'd be crying out of sadness, then out of happiness, all of the dogs were so sweet, this one pit bull i put my hand in his cell and he walked over to it, but his body against it and lied down and i sat for about 5 minutes just scratching him. There was a beautiful yellow lab there, but she was so pretty i knew she'd be adopted very quickly. I saw a german shepherd that was very pretty but he looked so very afraid, wouldnt come over to me. Im gonna go back and get him to come over.
So anyway, i understand me being single and living in an apt isnt ideal for a dog, believe me i wish i had someone that could help or a house with a giant yard , but for now i dont. Im gonna find out if i can bring a dog to work, obv not inside but can leave him outside somewhere, not expecting yes but worth a try. Then i could play with him on breaks that are relatively frequent. Actually a lot of the controllers in my area have dogs. Most have families, but one doesnt and has two labs. He has a house with a small yard tho, so he keeps the back door open and they go in and out while he's not home. At the same time, is the dog better in a kennel? i really dont know what to do.

p.s. there were cats at the adoption center. Who on earth would adopt a cat??/

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This counter provided for free from HTMLcounter.com!
HTMLCounter.com

[ Sign My Guestbook] [ View My Guestbook]