<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 17, 2009

yo yo...FINALLY have internet so blogging will be regular now. So we last left off on first day of work. It wasnt very interesting, doing paperwork and such. The people there, training staff, are all REALLY cool. The head of training gave us a huge pep talk before and about how much room for advancement there is and how many opportunities there are and how we're in one of the best positions because of where we're working.
We're supposed to be joining the previous class on monday, apparently they have kinda been doing nothing waiting for us to get there(us being me and another girl from my class). After lunch i plugged in with a controller and observed him. He made me feel good by saying that the sector i was assigned(LA arrivals) is the best sector. He was cool, has 2 labs and cursed a lot and used his phone to show me pics. His supervisor came over and told him about an emergency taht was coming his way which was pretty cool, a plane that just took off from LAX had its landing gear stuck and had hydraulic problems and had to come back.
I moved into my new apt on thursday. Katie Tooma came over and helped me move in which was very nice. After i moved my stuff it we booked to Ikea because they only delivered if u ordered before 2. I spent a billion dollars there. Its fun to pick out furniture, but not when you have NOTHING, then its kinda stressful. Ive been spending most of my time since then putting together furniture, organizing, buying other misc. things i need, food, household products, etc. Its weird when you have NOTHING, you forget the things you dont have, like a garbage can, lights. I JUST finished putting together the last of my furniture, will finish arranging and organizing tommorrow, and will post pics then. My living room will look weird because it will be arranged around the missing couch and TV(must get a tv before tuesday, idol!) speaking of which, since its live, is it on @ 5 here???

EDIT
i forgot another very interesting thing i saw....when i was watching the radar scope there was a little circle maybe 5 miles in diameter, i asked what it was....apparently Joe Biden was in town and they put restricted areas over wherever he is(on the ground) that only lets air carriers fly over it, my guy said "so a terrorist cant go rent a cesna and drop a molitov cocktail on him"

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This counter provided for free from HTMLcounter.com!
HTMLCounter.com

[ Sign My Guestbook] [ View My Guestbook]