<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

yo yo...so today we just did a few things to finish up our "block 2" lesson plan and took the test on it, u gotta get a 70 to pass, but they say its madd easy and most get 95 or over, i got 100.
Last nite i went to a NATCA(atc union) meeting. I especially wanted to go cuz i heard someone from my facility was gonna be there. They talked about basic union stuff, but this was important in particular because of the labor disputes going on with atcers and FAA. Based on evidence they gave it seems very very likely we will be going back to our old contracts soon(we are under imposed work rules now) which means better dress code, pay raises(pay was cut 30% in 2006) and better leave rules and such.
THe guy from my facility gave a little presentation. He is a rep for my facility and he was only in the Academy 12 months ago, tho has a lot of military experience. He pointed me out during his speech and said he needs to talk to me after(cuz i goin to his facility). I asked after how he knew i was and he said someone told him to look for the guy with green hair. He was REAL cool and made me feel a lot better. He's from SD too so we talked about different areas and how far away they are, which i feel better about now also. He gave me some training materials that i will get there so i can get a jump start and told me he'd email me and tell me what sector im gonna work(southern cal tracon was consolidated some years ago, actually fairly recently so its a 'super tracon' and has 6 sectors, and when you assigned yours thats yours forever).
All in all things are goin pretty good now. Apparently here in Oklahoma there is a competitive dodgeball place that has pickup games friday and saturday nites. This crazy instreuctor thats from OK tells us stuff about OK and she's the wierdest person ever. She uses all sorts of crazy expressions, talks a lot, is very blunt, i actually didnt like her at first but now i like her. She's also very good at explaining things. She always tells us about weird places in the area, like this chicken place 30 min away that only sells whole chickens and fried okra, and there are no plates, just wax paper. and its in a town with no stop signs or stop lights.
gonna eat some rice now

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This counter provided for free from HTMLcounter.com!
HTMLCounter.com

[ Sign My Guestbook] [ View My Guestbook]