<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 02, 2009

yo yo...so today was class day number 3. Getting more interesting . Today we were still in basics and we covered keyboarding(using a special keyboard, practicing typing in beacon codes for planes and using the phonetic alphabet(alpha, bravo, charlie, delta, etc, i'm actually pretty good at that)...we also did some lessons on air spaces and restricted areas and practiced a little phraseology. In ATC everything you say has to be said a certain way.
I really like what i'm doing. I like having a job that means something and is respect worthy. I highly suggest it to anyone who doesn't have a direction in life. Availability, security, room for advancement and transferring.
Afterwards i hung out at the main house and played with a parrot. The parrot likes to clean your teeth if you open your mouth, and he got rough and bit my gun.
I also went to the local pawn shop(basically gun store) and held some gats ive been looking at. I'll prolly rent those from the range. I think i decided on 9mm, because i won't be carrying for a little while, so i won't need the stopping power of a .40 or .45 yet. And for target shooting 9mm will be much cheaper cuz the ammo is far cheaper.
Waking up hasn't been that bad. Ive been using two alarms cuz i'm very afraid of being late. Not like running late, but the kind of late where you wake up and its like noon.
One of our instructors said today he actually controlled the f-16's that scrambled to the hijacked plane that crashed in PA on 9/11. Thats pretty neat i thought.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This counter provided for free from HTMLcounter.com!
HTMLCounter.com

[ Sign My Guestbook] [ View My Guestbook]