<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 03, 2007

yo yo...so i just got back from my first powerlifting meet...it was awesome...i got 2nd place in the jr(20-23yr old) under 181lb deadlift.....i was very happy....i opened with 435, which i knew i could get but i was surprised at how easy it felt...i went to 465 for my next attempt, and the judges double checked with me when i said 465, i guess they felt like the jump was too high....but that went up suprisingly easy too....now ive never pulled that in training, most ive done was a failed 475(although i was standing a few inches above so it was harder)....so at this point i was happy and decided to try 500, which i honestly didnt even think i'd attempt, no less get! i pulled 500 for a fairly easy rep, and i was very happy as i hit a new benchmark, i felt like i could have hit 525, but this just further encourages me and now 600 is my next goal. shout out to mark and vincent for morale support

its a weird feeling, cuz i almost felt like i got too pumped up, i felt like i rushed my setup, well not really rushed, but didnt think as much as i usually do, about certain technique cues....i guess its cuz of the atmoshphere and i guess thats better....it was nice atmosphere tho....i wasnt exactly sure what went on right before my attempts and right after, but i rememebr a loud crowd during, its cool that people cheer for people they dont even know

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This counter provided for free from HTMLcounter.com!
HTMLCounter.com

[ Sign My Guestbook] [ View My Guestbook]