<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 19, 2007

On this, the eve of the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I am faced with the realization that something I truly enjoy very much will be coming to an end. Those of you who read the books understand where I'm coming from; they are truly masterpieces. Those who haven't read them may think I'm crazy/immature/stupid/all of the above, but honestly: 1. You're wrong and 2. I don't care.

It hit me today (while reading various internet venues) that though this latest book has been leaked in a new, needless to say interesting method, the people who are turning to the internet to find out what happens aren't those who truly appreciate the books for what they are. Every fan I know or I've read about is cursing the leak and avoiding internet forums that may contain spoilers. This action is a mark of the success of Rowling's work.

Normally, if I can download a movie before it is released in theaters, I'll jump at the opportunity to see it before it comes out. In this case, however, I have no desire whatsoever to spoil the ending (or the beginning and middle) before the book comes out. I'll be up late tomorrow night, along with thousands of other people and kids who probably should be sleeping to read until my eyes wont stay open any more. And if this last installment is anything like the others, which I am confident it will be, it wont have any problems holding my attention.

So, though I doubt anyone I know well enough would even bother, all I ask is that should you feel the need to ruin the magic of Deathly Hallows for yourself by reading the spoilers, keep your mouth shut for those of us who wish to experience the book as J.K. Rowling intended it to be read.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This counter provided for free from HTMLcounter.com!
HTMLCounter.com

[ Sign My Guestbook] [ View My Guestbook]