<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 05, 2006

Sometimes words are just plain silly. Of course when I decided to write this I thought I'd be able to make a list of silly words, but now, of course, I can't think of a single one. Ummm...

Well, there are some words that are silly in writing like 'savvy' which depending on what font one uses can look like "sawy" which is just SILLY! It's SILLY! Another example of a word that's silly in writing is 'vacuum'. What a SILLY word! With TWO u's!!!! SILLY! One final silly word in writing is 'aardvark'. Wouldn't the pronunciation be the same if it was spelled 'ardvark'?! Yes, I think so. So 'aardvark' is just SILLY!

And then there are words that are silly when they are pronounced. I think one of my favorites is the word 'mustachioed' as in "Oh, look at that handsome, mustachioed gentleman! I'll have to woo him with the delicacy of a flower blossom." Heh, 'woo'...another SILLY word! Woo. Woo. Woo. Sounds like an owl. I like owls. Or a train. I don't really like trains that much.

Oooh! I know another good one! 'mollycoddle'...what a SILLY word!!!! What does it even mean!? Who says 'mollycoddle'?! It's so SILLY! And 'besmirch'. That's a good one! Said the mustachioed gentleman, "Look at that scarlet woman! She thinks she can mollycoddle that child and hoodwink me into thinking she has fertile loins. Being in her presence besmirches the very name my father gave me! Thou charlatan!!"

See I told you words were SILLY! (like geese).

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This counter provided for free from HTMLcounter.com!
HTMLCounter.com

[ Sign My Guestbook] [ View My Guestbook]