<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Last night i saw "V for Vendetta" it was an amazing movie. But what was most interesting about the movie wasn't the action involved, but the themes that it presented. I suggest that anyone go see it. But what I am really worried about right now is America.

You see, as George Orwell warned in his book 1984, government censorship and invasion of civil liberties is detrimental to its citizens. The United States government has taken a stand against its own people, denying the very rights that this country was sworn to protect. When I returned from the movie last night i went to nytimes.com, as a usual ritual of mine, only to find this article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/14/washington/14nsa.html

All these things are done "for our protection" of course, just like all the other sections of the Patriot Act. I'm not saying that we need a revolution, all I'm saying is that these country needs to change. Because at this time we are moving in the wrong direction, mainly because of the administration in power. These of course are my own opinions and do not necessarily reflect those ideas of "askmadden" or any other members of the blogging community. But I close with a quote of one of the forefathers of this country, Thomas Jefferson: "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This counter provided for free from HTMLcounter.com!
HTMLCounter.com

[ Sign My Guestbook] [ View My Guestbook]