<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 13, 2004

yo yo...me again. Jsut got back from my LAST wind ensemble concert. ever. It was pretty emotional cuz it was mr roth's last concert too. An itnerstign happenign was during one of our songs mr roth skipped an 8 measure section which was a recurrence of my solo earlier in the song, when we saw him skip that part everyone freaked out, but we just went with it. I commend everyone playing for that. After the song he whips around and says "i know!(in a jokingly sense). So before our last song the officers( me amanda friedman, amanda eggers and nicole sabino) went up and spoke. I satrted off and talked bout how it was his last concert and why. Then the amanda's gave some histroy bout roth, and then i said, "and now enjoy mr roth's last song conducting, a medley from "porgy and bess." It felt really weird to say that. At the end of the piece, as we were holding out the last chord, i thought to myself "gee, this is my last note ever" and apparently as i spoke to other seniors, everyone i spoke to thought the same thing during it. So after that while we were clapping pow pow was backstage waving around a bouqet, so i ran over, and he tossed it to me and i presented it to roth with a hug. touching moment indeed.
On the way home from the concert i was thinking how much i love music and the music department. Like the other day i came into school not feeling good at all, i was in a really bad mood. Then like halfway during wind ensemble i realized that i was totally in a good mood. and it was cuz of music. Im there in during virtually all my free time. I have early dismissal every other day and a lot of times i find myself not even going home. I either sit in theory, or i play instruments, or i just simply pass time the best way, chillin with pow pow. I am definately going to miss mr roth, pow pow, and the whole music department in general. I got about a month left of school, so i'm going to try to make it as musical as possible....

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This counter provided for free from HTMLcounter.com!
HTMLCounter.com

[ Sign My Guestbook] [ View My Guestbook]